1.3.10

Souls on Ten

This weekend was by far one of the best that I have had in my life! Just being able to go home and spend my time with the people that I care about the most was all that I needed to recharge my batteries for these next couple of months. And with the added element of someone very special, who I can't wait to return to in coming months, spending their WHOLE weekend with me was much more meaningful then I had ever expected. In the end I was given a book that looks to be the most inspirational book I have read titled;Wild at Heart: Discovering the Secret to the Man's Soul. It rings true to the way that I feel about my spiritual soul and the way I yearn for the excitement of the outdoors as well as the adventures that are always offered to me in my everyday life. I would like to give you a little excerpt from it...

"Adventure, with all its requisite danger and wildness, is a deeply spiritual longing written into the soul of man. The masculine heart needs a place where nothing is prefabricated, modular, nonfat, zip lock, franchised, on-line, microwavable. Where there are no deadlines, cell phones, or committee meetings. Where there is room for the soul. Where, finally, the geography around us corresponds to the geography of our heart."

After reading this passage I thought of how this puts into a deep and meaningful perspective of the way that I look at, and long for Colorado at all times. For these past couple of months, since I have moved overseas, Colorado has been the key holder of my heart for many reasons; 1) my parents live there, 2) I absolutely love doing anything and everything outdoors that CO has to offer, and now a 3rd) someone very special has been brought into my life that has been an inspiration to me. I can truly agree with the Big Man upstairs when... "but as God himself said, things were just not right until there was an Eve."

No comments:

Post a Comment