16.1.10

Goody, Like Two Shoes

Well, here I am again takling the world one week at a time and this past week was a tough one to tackle.

It all began with the training being implemented and having a hard time getting everyone squared away with it. But have no fear it will all get worked out when everyone gets used to it, all we need is time to smooth our the rough edges. Now the really hard part was the part where my car decided to have some fun with me, it was pretty funny at first but more of a thorn in my side as the week progressed.

It all started when I had started my car after grabbing lunch at the KMCC (Kaiserslautern Military Community Center, giagantic mall pretty much) and after I had stopped to drop something off at the office for my Capt, I discovered that my car would not shut off and that I was able to pull the key out of the ignition. I figured that this was going to be a huge problem that was fixable only by a mechanic but I figured why not see if someone knew how to remedy the situation without me spending a large sum of money. But to my dismay no one knew and I had figured that the cellinoid within the ignition switch was broken and that it needed to be replaced, but unbeknownst to me I had to make a trip to a dealership so that they could order the specific parts and repair it there.

Well crap there goes half a paycheck which didn't end up actually being the case and I only spent half of what I thought the cost was originally going to be. So this ended up being a plus in a week where I spent the better part of it carless and stranded without means of getting around. This of course led to the one thing that I hate having to do and that is asking people for help. I know some of you might be thinking that I'm just personifying the typical "male ego", but imposing on others is something that I have always hated doing. However I am always thankful for it when someone does lend that helpful hand, which in this case came from my Capt and is wife.

I really appreciate all that those two did for me while I was carless and will one day repay them for their gratuitous act. It is people like this that I have been meeting lately in the Air Force and now I have come to appreciate and realize why this Air Force is the greatess air force in the world. Not to many people will take the time out of their day to go more than out of their way to lend someone a helping hand but still there are those diamonds in the ruff.

No comments:

Post a Comment