21.1.10

The Good Life

For the first time in months I have a place to call home and by months, I mean months. After many nights sleeping in hotel rooms across 2 continents and on the worst twin mattress, I can finally relax in the once empty apartment that I have been paying for these past 5 months. With my recent delivery of my household goods I have been given the opportunity to do all of the things that I have been missing since my personal belongings were packed away and shipped off to Germany.

Yesterday was by far the most exciting day that I have had in weeks and I am glad that I was given the chance to take time off from work and just manage the moving of my HHGs into my loft. But the most exciting part of it all is that I was able to have a peaceful, undisturbed sleep in MY own bed, the bed that I have longed for for months now. Last night's sleep was one of a deep slumber that shocked my body into a very painful morning of having to pry myself from the clutches of my comfortable bed.

Among my indulgence of my bed, I am overwhelmed with all of the activities that I can now occupy my time with when I'm not out gallavanting across the country. One that I am excited about is the chance to play my acoustic drum set again, course by now all of my calluses have worn off and it will be painful to begin playing again but the excitement far outways my thought of pain. To once again have that connection with music is exciting and energizing, to be able to feel the beat that is within me played out in a multitude of calculated smashes, crashes and bangs. I'm sure that all of my neighbors will be happy to hear it all but hopefully I won't be getting to many complaints for noise.

Overall yesterday was a great day for me to relax and get everything settled into my new living quarters for the next couple of years. I just hope now that the next time I PCS to another base it won't take this long for me to get my possessions because I'm not sure I have the patience to go this long again with out my things. But time will only tell, for now I'm enjoying the fact that my stuff is finally here.

1 comment: